Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday
I'm totally borrowing the title of my post from my lovely friend Jennifer! Thanks! :-)
I came across this recipe in a book that I have been using. I wasn't too sure about it since I'm not a huge egg fan. However this was really yummy!
It's called Tri-Color Frittata. It's from Reader Digest's "Digest Diet".
I came across this recipe in a book that I have been using. I wasn't too sure about it since I'm not a huge egg fan. However this was really yummy!
It's called Tri-Color Frittata. It's from Reader Digest's "Digest Diet".
Tri-Color
Frittata
4 large plum tomatoes, halved
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch scallions, cut into 1” pieces
1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4 “ rounds
4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, very finely grated
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon
fine sea salt
1.
Preheat the broiler
2.
Scoop out the seeds from the insides of the
tomatoes and cut the shells into 1/4 inch thick strips
3.
In a medium (10-inch) ovenproof skillet,
heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the tomatoes,
scallions, and squash and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and most of
the juices have evaporated, about 10 minutes.
4.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole
eggs and egg whites until blended, then whisk in the Parmesan, parsley, pepper
and salt. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and reduce the heat to
medium-low. Cook until the eggs are almost set on top but still runny, about 10
minutes.
5.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil
5 to 6 inches from the heat just until the top is set and golden, about 2
minutes.
Notes: I didn't have the ingredients called by the recipe so I used some close substitutes. I used roasted red peppers and
fire roasted tomatoes from jars in place of the plum tomatoes and squash. I
also used regular onions in place of the scallions. You could use whatever you
want!
Comments
Post a Comment