Homemade Microwave Popcorn

I read a tip in a magazine recently about how to make popcorn in the microwave. I like the convenience of microwaved popcorn but I can't stand the chemicals they use in the bags. Quite frankly the smell of them makes me gag! So I was all for it!

All you need is a paper bag, tape, popcorn, butter and salt to taste!


  • Put 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a paper bag. 
  • Fold the top down and secure it with tape. Put the bag on it's side in the microwave. 
  • Microwave it on high for 2-4 minutes, depending upon your oven. Make sure you watch it so it won't burn. When the popping slows, take it out. 
  • Add melted butter and salt to taste! 


Wa la! Microwaved healthy popcorn!

This version is a whole lot cheaper too! We picked up 100 paper bags from Target for $1.89. We bought 8lbs of popcorn from Costco for around $11. So for $13 you have a whole lot more servings!


Comments

  1. That's all? I know what you mean about the store-bought microwave popcorn. Gotta try this. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment