Poor Planning from Dishonest Company
I don't normally post things like this on my blog but I am so disappointed that I feel the need to. For several years I've used Home Educating Family's planners for scheduling our schooling. A few years ago I switched to a computer software for planning since it worked better for me. It wasn't from Home Educating Family but another Christian company.
A year or so ago I noticed Home Educating Family had an online planning software called My Well Planned Day. Now that Emma has her own laptop to use, I thought maybe it would work for us. It claimed to have the capability to have multiple users so kids could log into to see what their assignments, chores, events, etc. were. I decided to look into it since I've always liked Home Educating Family.
Big mistake... big big mistake that wasted many hours and money.
I purchased it yet for 48 hours I couldn't even log into the site. It would log me in then freeze up. I tried everything. I emailed their "tech support" twice. Finally after a couple of days, I was able to log in. After I logged in I received a generic email from "tech" support giving me my user ID and password. I already had these and didn't need them. Obviously they didn't read my very detailed email about the problems I was experiencing.
Once I logged in, I soon discovered how disappointing the system was. I consider myself pretty tech savy yet it was not exactly easy to navigate. They said it would schedule dates and make them recurring. I thought that would be great for things like dance or CC that recur each week. Wrong, it wouldn't do that.
I emailed tech support once again.... silence.
So I decided to Google the problem. Oh boy what a mess. I discovered many people who were having similar issues and had been for a year! There were several Facebook posts on their webpage asking questions that were not answered. Several people also said their negative posts were being deleted by moderators on FB to try to hide the problem. This really concerned me. The company had been promising for over a year a system that worked. Yet it still wasn't working. I was so disappointed since I so badly wanted it to work and be great.
I decided I couldn't waste anymore time on the system, especially since our official school days were starting in a just a couple of days and I wanted to be organized. I emailed and asked for a refund since it had been less than 30 days and they promised a refund if you weren't satisfied.
Again... silence.
So I emailed again a few days later and asked for a refund again. This time I think I added something about it being borderline fraud to sell a product know that it wasn't working properly. Finally received a response that I would receive a refund and to look for the new and improved software soon. Um no thanks!
Well a week after being promised a refund, I finally received one... a partial one. That was my last straw which is why I decided to post this as a warning to others. I would not recommend buying this or anything from a company that isn't honest with their customers. Home Educating Family you don't get my vote or my business.
A year or so ago I noticed Home Educating Family had an online planning software called My Well Planned Day. Now that Emma has her own laptop to use, I thought maybe it would work for us. It claimed to have the capability to have multiple users so kids could log into to see what their assignments, chores, events, etc. were. I decided to look into it since I've always liked Home Educating Family.
Big mistake... big big mistake that wasted many hours and money.
I purchased it yet for 48 hours I couldn't even log into the site. It would log me in then freeze up. I tried everything. I emailed their "tech support" twice. Finally after a couple of days, I was able to log in. After I logged in I received a generic email from "tech" support giving me my user ID and password. I already had these and didn't need them. Obviously they didn't read my very detailed email about the problems I was experiencing.
Once I logged in, I soon discovered how disappointing the system was. I consider myself pretty tech savy yet it was not exactly easy to navigate. They said it would schedule dates and make them recurring. I thought that would be great for things like dance or CC that recur each week. Wrong, it wouldn't do that.
I emailed tech support once again.... silence.
So I decided to Google the problem. Oh boy what a mess. I discovered many people who were having similar issues and had been for a year! There were several Facebook posts on their webpage asking questions that were not answered. Several people also said their negative posts were being deleted by moderators on FB to try to hide the problem. This really concerned me. The company had been promising for over a year a system that worked. Yet it still wasn't working. I was so disappointed since I so badly wanted it to work and be great.
I decided I couldn't waste anymore time on the system, especially since our official school days were starting in a just a couple of days and I wanted to be organized. I emailed and asked for a refund since it had been less than 30 days and they promised a refund if you weren't satisfied.
Again... silence.
So I emailed again a few days later and asked for a refund again. This time I think I added something about it being borderline fraud to sell a product know that it wasn't working properly. Finally received a response that I would receive a refund and to look for the new and improved software soon. Um no thanks!
Well a week after being promised a refund, I finally received one... a partial one. That was my last straw which is why I decided to post this as a warning to others. I would not recommend buying this or anything from a company that isn't honest with their customers. Home Educating Family you don't get my vote or my business.
Comments
Post a Comment