Fun meets functional

I recently purchased a picnic basket for $2.50 at the evil box store. I bought it not for a picnic basket but more of a all purpose carrier. It always seems I need to cart stuff in and out of the car. Such a library books, snacks, etc. I saw this and thought it would be a great way to carry stuff since it was lightweight and cheap!

Unfortunately since it was from evil box store, it soon fell apart. I was pretty disappointed since I had high hopes it would be my next greatest thing to make life easier for me! But the cheap plastic "pins" kept popping out which led to the reinforcement stakes to cause the basket to collapse. Which then led to it just being a big pain!

Then I had an idea...

What it I made it more fun and functional!

So it began with this...


And then I did this...

I poked holes through the bars that kept it upright. Then strung some ribbon through it to help keep it in place.

But I didn't stop there...




And ta-da! Fun meets functional!


All for less than $3.00! Take that evil box store! :-)


Comments

  1. Terrific! Just the kind of thing Emma's great grandmother would do! Go girl!!!

    Aunt Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Safety Day

Sammy

Day 4 - Blast Off Camp