Aerospace Camp Update
Today is day 3 for Emma at her Aerospace camp in Seattle. I don't have any pictures to post since she wouldn't let me attend with her! She said that I was too old! So I'll fill you in on what's she's doing this week.
I know that she is having a blast! She is staying at Grammie's house for the week in Seattle. I went up with her on Sunday and stayed until Tuesday. Grammie and I dropped her off Monday morning. Both of us were almost in tears by the time we left. Our big girl is off to all day camp! So to help us feel better... we went shopping! :-) Now I am home thinking how quiet it is here!
Robert and I are so excited for Emma. This is such a great experience for her that she'll never forget! She will get to experience all kinds of things that we never will be able to!
Here is her schedule for the week:
Monday - She met a helicopter pilot and got to tour the helicopter. They learned about the motions and controls of planes. She also learned how to write secret messages. She came home so excited but exhausted too!
Tuesday - She got to go on a tour of the King County International Airport at Boeing Field. Here she got to tour the airport Fire Department! She also got to see the fire trucks that are there! Robert was SO jealous that he didn't get to do this!
Wednesday - Today they get to tour the Great Gallery at the museum. They are going to focus on the MD-21 Blackbird.
Thursday - They are going to go to the planetarium and talk about the stars. They will get to make their own rockets in the afternoon.
Friday - She gets to tour the first presidential jet! They will also talk about how this plane was used as a spy plane!
Then Friday afternoon, there will be a ceremony. What a week!
Maybe I'll get a few pictures to post at some point! That is if she lets me! :-)
I know that she is having a blast! She is staying at Grammie's house for the week in Seattle. I went up with her on Sunday and stayed until Tuesday. Grammie and I dropped her off Monday morning. Both of us were almost in tears by the time we left. Our big girl is off to all day camp! So to help us feel better... we went shopping! :-) Now I am home thinking how quiet it is here!
Robert and I are so excited for Emma. This is such a great experience for her that she'll never forget! She will get to experience all kinds of things that we never will be able to!
Here is her schedule for the week:
Monday - She met a helicopter pilot and got to tour the helicopter. They learned about the motions and controls of planes. She also learned how to write secret messages. She came home so excited but exhausted too!
Tuesday - She got to go on a tour of the King County International Airport at Boeing Field. Here she got to tour the airport Fire Department! She also got to see the fire trucks that are there! Robert was SO jealous that he didn't get to do this!
Wednesday - Today they get to tour the Great Gallery at the museum. They are going to focus on the MD-21 Blackbird.
Thursday - They are going to go to the planetarium and talk about the stars. They will get to make their own rockets in the afternoon.
Friday - She gets to tour the first presidential jet! They will also talk about how this plane was used as a spy plane!
Then Friday afternoon, there will be a ceremony. What a week!
Maybe I'll get a few pictures to post at some point! That is if she lets me! :-)
Comments
Post a Comment